Thursday, May 13, 2010

My Condo Daydream

One of my future goals is to live in a condo.  I've always loved the bright lights and the excitement of the big city, and there are many things about home ownership that are becoming increasingly bothersome as the years go by.  I don't mind doing some basic yard work, but shoveling snow and anything more than absolute basic repairs are an issue.  After all, duct tape can't be used to fix everything.

Here's my shopping list for the dream condo:
  • Newer, energy-efficient building;
  • Close to the subway or train;
  • NO pool - I don't love swimming, and the maintenance costs could be problematic down the road;
  • An upper floor, so I could enjoy the city lights; and
  • NO loft layout - climbing stairs should be avoided at all costs.
So, now all I have to do is find a few extra hundred thousand dollars, and talk Jen out of her hatred of big cities, and this dream can come true!

1 comment:

  1. I'm right there with you on the condo dream. There's just something wonderful about being able to look down on the world!

    And loved the duct tape link by the way. What's it they say? Duct tape is like The Force, it has a dark side and it holds the universe together!

    ReplyDelete